- 1 How to choose a heater
How to choose a heater
Heat in the house or in the workplace - one of the main conditions for a comfortable stay and quality of productive work with a minimum purchase probability of colds. Very well, if such a microclimate ensures an efficient heating system. Often, however, there are situations that require temporary or even on long-term basis, the use of other heat sources.
How to choose a heater
In this case, the aid will come heaters. These simple in its principle, the device is not very expensive, but at the same time - a very efficient appliances can very quickly bring the room temperature to the desired comfort level. Therefore, in many families, like the heater is always kept in working condition, at the right time to come to the rescue of their owners. And those who have it yet, certainly not once thought about the necessity of such an acquisition. Name and address, this publication, which will tell you how to choose a heater so that it fully meets the needs of potential owners - for efficiency, operating safety, for ease of use and, of course &# 8212; of its value.
Base unit heater. Areas of application devices
Any heater, independent of the level of complexity of the device and its equipment additional functions, has four basic elements:
Basic fan heater design is extremely uncomplicated
- Housing (Pos. 1), which are arranged all the other components and mechanisms heater.
- The heating element (pos. 2) which converts electrical energy into heat and transmits it to the passing air flow therethrough.
- Compressor air - the fan is of a type (3 pos.), Which provides the forced movement of the cold air stream from the space through the heating element, and further, after heating - back into the room.
- The control unit (item 4). - from the most simple, the type of toggle switch on and power off, to multifunctional, including a number of useful options.
Simple device most heaters causes their affordable price and the widest popularity.
- These heaters keep the houses in the "reserve" in case of sudden failures of basic heating systems. Very often they are in demand during the "off season", for example, in the case of early onset of cold weather in the autumn, before the commencement of the total of the heating season, or vice versa, during the spring, "whims" of weather. Moreover, it happens in the winter so cold days, that the radiators simply can not cope with the task in full, and they have the support of the fan heater.
- They are indispensable for periodic visits to the country house. While running heating will overcome his inherent inertia and exit to normal operation, you can warm up with a compact and mobile appliance. Well, if you "visit" the short-term, it will allow the heater does not run at a fixed heating system.
Heater allows for a short time to heat the room to a comfortable temperature
- You can often find heaters in workplaces, particularly where a steady stream of visitors makes the heating system to maintain optimum air temperature. Often resort to the installation of stationary devices, such as a ceiling or wall mounting, which themselves act as the main and constant source of heat.
Powerful ceiling heaters are usually installed in large public or industrial premises
- Often resort to the help of fans and heaters agricultural work, for example, to maintain the desired temperature in small greenhouses during the unstable spring weather, the cold suddenly drooping flowers or threaten to destroy hatched seedlings.
Sometimes heaters become assistants in agricultural operations in the area
- Another specific scope - during repair or finishing some owners using heaters trying to accelerate the timing of certain manufacturing operations - plastering, Shpatlevanie, painting, etc.
In short, such a useful device as a heater, the work always will be found. The main thing - the right to choose his main criteria.
Criteria for selecting the electric heater
Type of heating element.
All existing models of heaters in this parameter can be divided into three groups.
- Devices with a spiral heating.
- Heaters with tubular heaters &# 8212; TANS.
- Fans with ceramic heating element.
Fans with a spiral heating
This species belongs to the category of the most inexpensive devices. In such fan heaters air is heated while passing through the helix made of metal alloy with high electrical resistance (typically Nichrome wire is used). The coil may be wound as a ring on the base refractory and is opened by holding its shape due to the special configuration of coils.
Exposed heating coil
In operation, the spiral is heated to very high temperatures - up to a thousand times almost degrees glow red. On the one hand, it would seem - good, efficient heat transfer is provided with a device is forced through an air flow. However, the drawbacks of this arrangement a lot more:
- There is a probability of occurrence of an open flame, if, for example, the instrument air flow will tighten a large lump of dust or paper sample.
- Open spiral in contact with air, always is significantly less than the wrapped, as it happens in TENah.
- Open spiral - it nezaizolirovanny conductor through which during operation flows with dangerous voltage AC 220 V. Careless contact with it (for example, uncontrolled children's games) can result in electrocution.
Typically, a spiral is located circumferentially around the actuator
- A lot of talk is that the spiral "burn oxygen." This is certainly not the case - there is no open flame and heat is only resistive basis for this participation of oxygen, of course, is not required. But, perhaps, no one will dispute that the atmosphere in the room after a long work of this heater is still far from ideal - the person may appear dry mouth, and sometimes even headaches.
- Any heater during operation suffers considerable mass of dust suspended in the air. Sometimes fall into the airflow and small insects. Inevitable combustion of such organic matter in an open helix followed by a very unpleasant odor which is particularly felt when starting the machine after prolonged storage.
So, the only, perhaps, the advantage of devices with an open spiral is a low price.
Electric heaters with heating elements
TEN- is, in fact, the same spiral, but enclosed in a tubular casing which is filled with dry loose filler - quartz sand or manganese oxide. The filler acts both as an insulator and as a heat transfer unit, uniformly distributing heat on the outer metal shell or quartz.
Fan heater with tubular heating elements (heating elements)
The security of the helix significantly improves electrical and fire safety device. The heating element is used for much longer. Temperature heating element during operation is rarely more than 500 degrees - for efficient airflow heating this is quite enough, but the effect of dust stick is not so pronounced.
To improve the heat transfer efficiency of the air forced through the apparatus, heating elements often "dress" in special heat exchange "shirt" with fins to increase the overall contact area. So, if such a device is selected, it is also necessary to pay attention - the heating elements to the heat exchanger plates will be more efficient and economical.
For more efficient heat dissipation fins are often equipped with heating elements
Heaters with tubular heating elements often have high capacity and are usually used to heat the volume of production or office space or in carrying out construction works. household-level models with a heater almost never occur. However, there is no clear dividing line - sometimes for household needs may require higher capacity of 2.5 - 3 kW, which is already rather be called "heat gun".
Devices with ceramic heating element
The most advanced to date are considered fan heaters with ceramic heating element. They are easy to distinguish even externally - with the notable front part heat exchange element has a distinct cellular (honeycomb) structure, something resembling a car radiator.
A compact heater with a ceramic heating element
Here, the energy conversion principle somewhat different: semiconductor elements used - posistors enclosed in a ceramic shell in the form of long plates, and heat exchange grille often made from thin corrugated aluminum having excellent thermal conductivity qualities.
So look ceramic heaters
Semiconductor components are rarely heated above 150 degrees, which is predetermined by their high safety during operation. In addition, these heaters and the most economical. The fact is that PTC resistors are interesting property of increasing resistance with increasing temperature, until complete "blocking". Thus, with increasing temperature the heating energy consumption by each of the elements is reduced - the principle of self-regulation is triggered. And this is - and savings to popular power, and more smooth operation of the device, reducing the cycling on and off, so - and himself a heater, fan, and thermal equipment will last much longer.
The only significant disadvantage of fan heaters with ceramic heating element can be called their price, &# 8212; it is usually much higher than that of models with spiral.
Thus, the conclusion: in terms of the economy itself buying leads Heat fan with spiral. But if you can afford it, it is advisable not especially hesitate to purchase the device with a ceramic heating element, as it is both safer and more comfortable to use. Well spent money on it soon acquitted himself trouble-free operation and economical expenditure of electricity.
The difference between these heating devices and by type, in fact, the air blower - fan.
Naturally, all electric used (its consumption of energy from the crowd - not great). But the impeller blades may vary.
- Axial fans - the most common. On the drive axle is installed an impeller with vanes having a specific angle of attack, which, when rotated creates airflow. The flow direction is in this case always coincides with the drive axis.
The device of the vane axial fan
This scheme is very simple in its design, so in portable fan heaters, heat guns used most often - does not require the creation of any ducts or flow guide ducts. The disadvantage of it can be called increased noise.
When you select a device with this type of fan preference, wherever possible, should give a model with metal blades - they are more reliable and durable.
- Some compact heaters, which are squat horizontal "flat" layout of the body, mounted centrifugal fans.
Fan heater with fan impeller of the radial type
They - entirely different impeller having a cylindrical shape with parallel mounted blades circumferentially. Air injection at this scheme is achieved by creating the centrifugal acceleration. Fence made generally above, coaxial with the wheel rotation, and the outlet of the heated flow is conducted in a perpendicular direction.
The scheme is very effective, and with good balancing wheels and lubricated bearings a fan does not produce a lot of noise, and the generated flow is much smoother than that of conventional blades.
- Finally, the most productive and "quiet" work is tangential fans.
In the tangential fan &# 8212; expressed cylindrical elongated shape
They always have typical elongated cylindrical shape due to the special structure of the impeller (turbine). Naturally, it predetermines the scope of their use - tangential fans are typically mounted on the stationary wall or ceiling or floor model heaters column type.
Variety heaters - thermal curtains
The same tangential fans and put on most of the models of this particular variety of HVAC equipment. How are curtains for doors, and that must be considered when selecting and installing - in a special publication of our portal.
Tangential fans with high productivity, even if not the largest drive speeds and low noise levels in the work - they are almost unheard of.
In the vertical column heaters may be used and axial (left), and the tangential fans
Type fan mounted depends on the size and general layout of the model, so that in this respect is not particularly "run away" with the selection options. However, if you come across two similar models, for example, column type, with one or two axial fans in one, and tangential - in the other, the preference is still wiser to give exactly tangential. Anyway, to clarify this matter never hurts.
&# 171; Child&# 187; innovative technologies &# 8212; heaters bladeless design
Not so long ago, went on sale the amazing news - lipless heaters. However, the case is not yet completely studied and tested, and give advice on the acquisition of such equipment difficult. And the cost of these models while that goes beyond reasonable limits.
Type heater performance
Various models of heaters - a great many, but they can be divided into several groups according to the type of the device performance.
Popular brands and a brief overview of several models of heaters
The next question is - how to approach to the choice of a particular brand.
Recognized as a leader in the production of heating devices of this class is considered a Scandinavian company «Timberk». Its products are always characterized by high quality, durability, equipped with the most advanced developments in the field of management and maintenance of security.
Good reviews deserved heaters European companies «General Climate», «Electrolux» and «Delonghi», the more that they are distinguished by very reasonable price with high functionality.
Try to go "in step with the times," the designers of the company «Vitek». Despite some criticism of the products, in particular - for "bednovato" design company products are always ranked in the top among Russian consumers.
It is credible heaters brands «Ballu», «Polaris», «Scarlett». And do not be too scared of what to them is marking «MadeinChina». Companies deliberately locate their manufacturing facilities in China due to the availability of inexpensive labor. But still made a corporate quality control - manufacturers is important "not to lose face." And guarantee on the product complied fully.
But that's a completely unknown name, and especially to those that are made in a certain harmony with the well-known brands, should be treated with great caution. This, of course, too, "China", but of a completely different quality levels (or rather - lack thereof), and give at least some assurance that the heater will serve long and will not cause any emergency situation, no one can. So - all at the risk of the buyer.
Finally - a comparative review of a small number of heaters models.
|«Timberk TFH-S20SMD»||One of the most popular models of bench type vertical design. |
With dimensions of 256 × 212 × 118 mm and a weight of 1 kg capacity reaches 2 kW.
A spiral heater, two power level, blowing without heating.
Thermostat and function "antifreeze" - switch when the room temperature drops below + 5 ÷ 7 ° C.
|«Scarlett SC-FH53001»||Original desktop model, and allowing vertical and horizontal installation. |
Dimensions - 240 × 245 × 115 mm, weight 1.14 kg.
Power - 2 kW, two-stage adjustment.
Thermostat, protection against overheating.
Ceramic heating element.
|«Polaris PCDH 2116"||Floor model with the rotational function with respect to the base. |
Thermostat with original color level indicator heating the air in the room.
A control handle.
Two power modes - 800 and 1600 watts.
Ceramic heating element.
Protection against overheating and overturning.
|«Electrolux EFH / C-5115"||A compact heater bench type vertical installation. |
High-quality assembly, quiet fan operation.
Size 248x190x170 mm, weight - 1.4 kg.
Power 1500 W, two level.
Thermostat, protection against overheating.
Several options for coloring the body - from white to black.
|«Scarlett SC-1053"||Floor heater column type. |
Rotating the housing base.
Dimensions - 450x165x130 mm, weight 2.5 kg.
Ability to set the desired temperature, the thermostat.
Power - 2000 Watts.
Protection against overheating and against overturning.
Ceramic heating element.
|«Timberk TFH W250.ZM»||Heater wall placement. |
Electronic control with precise temperature settings and built-in timer.
Dimensions 194h512h125 mm, weight - 5 kg.
Tangential low noise fan.
Ceramic heating element.
Power - 2500 Watts with adjustable.
All the necessary protection levels.
|«FOXWELD EH-2R»||Heater with an axial fan increased productivity (up to 230 m³ / hour). |
It allows a short time to achieve the desired level of heating in the living, working or production facilities.
The optimum solution for the winter road trip to the cottage, garage or home workshop - thanks to the compact and relatively light weight - only 3.6 kg.
Power - 2000 W with speed adjustment.
Thermostat. Adjusting the airflow intensity.
Heater type - heating elements.