- 1 Tile adhesive for floor heating which is better
- 1.0.1 Criteria for the selection of adhesive for tiles &# 171; a warm floor&# 187;
- 1.0.2 Variety of glue on the base composition
- 1.0.3 Popular brands of tile adhesives and their manufacturers
Tile adhesive for floor heating which is better
In order to produce high-quality laying ceramic tiles on the floor heating system, it is very important to choose the right adhesive, otherwise the work will be done in vain. One of the main qualities that should have a glue - it is the strength along with flexibility, the ability to maintain these qualities with thermal gradients. How to choose a tile adhesive for floor heating which would be better to hold the tiles at high temperatures? In order to answer this question, you need to get to know the physical and operational characteristics of various compositions.
Tile adhesive for floor heating which is better
In the modern range of construction of shops you can find a very wide variety of adhesives supplied by domestic and foreign manufacturers. Of course, it will be very difficult to make a choice, if you do not know the main criteria that should be paid special attention.
Criteria for the selection of adhesive for tiles &# 171; a warm floor&# 187;
Clay tile for floor heating must meet a number of specific criteria
Due to the fact that all materials included in the "warm floor" system are subjected to considerable temperature differences, and when heated physical bodies increase in size and volume and, accordingly, as the cooling taking its former state, the same thing happens with a layer of tile adhesive . Therefore, its composition should be malleable and easy to carry these vibrations, it is not always unusual for a normal tile adhesive.
Standard composition used for normal operation, exposed to such internal stress, quickly lose their properties and begin to crack, and therefore can not effectively hold the laid tiles. Therefore it is very important to buy a special adhesive that can adequately respond to all possible load of such a plan.
Thus, the adhesive composition of the tile, stacked on top of "warm floor" system must meet the following operational characteristics:
- Determining quality must be resistant to temperature extremes. Operating temperature range of high-quality glue is very wide: from &# 8212; 30 to 90 degrees.
- The adhesive composition as a finished product must provide adhesion to a level of about 0.8 ÷ 1.0 MPa.
- Extremely important compatibility of the adhesive with the base and with the finishing material - this indicator can be found on the product packaging.
- Easy to use. More convenient, of course, willing to work with compositions, but they are much more expensive. Special dry mixes based on cement gained wider recognition of masters, as there is an opportunity to make as much mixture as you need at this stage of the work.
- Brand awareness and the level of prices on the adhesive composition. Not buy too cheap mixture completely unknown manufacturers, since they would be uncomfortable to work, and no one can guarantee that the tiling "behave properly" during operation &# 171; underfloor heating&# 187 ;.
- On the package must be present inscription or graphic symbol of the purpose of this composition for the system "warm floor".
- Desirably, the adhesive used in the composition of the aluminate cement which is able to provide maximum resistance to adhesive and mechanical stresses due coating strength.
Variety of glue on the base composition
Tile adhesive for the "warm floor" can have different component basis
As mentioned above, tile adhesive can vary its major components. Therefore, the choice is not out of place to get acquainted with its varieties.
- The one-component adhesive mixture convenient to use as packaged for sale in plastic buckets in the final paste state. The composition of these adhesives include components such as synthetic resins, and acrylic modifiers. Mixtures have a normal setting time, which makes it possible to adjust the tiles laid on them for 20 minutes after its installation.
- Fast curing two-component adhesive (in other words it is sometimes called "reactive") is mixed from two components immediately prior to tiling. The adhesive composition is made of epoxy resin with addition of polyurethane. This mixture endures temperature changes and has very high levels of adhesion and elasticity. Thanks to the qualities of tiling more securely holds even for very "complex" basis, than when using any other adhesives.
- Cementitious adhesive. Despite the existence of other options adhesives, polymer-based, it remains the most popular fine cement glue. It is made based on Portland cement with the addition of small fraction of river sand and modifying plasticizers.
This type of glue for laying tiles on a "warm floor" system is sold in dry form and is mixed before masonry works in water at room temperature. The proportions of the manufacture of glue manufacturer indicates on the packaging material.
It should be noted that the various mixtures are composed of different amounts of various components. Their proportions as well as modifying excipients used will depend directly on the quality of the solution such as flexibility, adhesion, and during solidification - and the strength of the adhesive composition.
Popular brands of tile adhesives and their manufacturers
In this section, the publication will be presented popular manufacturers and their products used for laying tiles over underfloor heating.
For a start - a table with the basic physical parameters and operating parameters and about the level of prices on the most popular adhesives:
|Adhesion (MPa)||Bulk Density (kg / dm ³)||Frost resistance, cycles||Temperature range, ° C|
|«Henkel - Ceresit»|
|"SM 14 Extra»||0.8||1.45||100||-30 ÷ + 70||260 ÷ 300|
|«CM 16 Flex»||1||1.2||100||-50 ÷ + 70||440 ÷ 455|
|"SM 17"||1.3||1.25||100||-50 ÷ + 70||180 ÷ 200|
|"SM 115"||0.8||1.3||100||-50 ÷ + 70||570 ÷ -590|
|"SM 117"||1||1.3||100||-50 ÷ + 70||490 ÷ 510|
|«Keramik Express»||1||1.1||35||-10 ÷ + 70||190 ÷ 300|
|«Keramik Pro»||0.8||1.2||35||-50 ÷ + 70||270 ÷ 310|
|«Flex»||1||1.1||25||-30 ÷ + 80||520 ÷ 540|
|"Litoflex K80"||1||1.35||50||-30 ÷ + 90||430 ÷ 510|
|«LitostoneK98»||1||1.30||50||-30 ÷ + 90||920 ÷ 940|
|«Litoelastic»||1.3||-||100||-40 ÷ + 100||3100 ÷ 3180 (bucket 5 kg)|
|«Unis Plus»||1.25||1.2||35||-50 ÷ + 70||270 ÷ 290|
|"A plus"||0.5||1.0||35||-50 ÷ + 70||230 ÷ 250|
Also indicated in the parameter table, and there are many additional.
Should focus on the operational temperature range. "Warm floor" typically warmed to a maximum temperature not exceeding 35 ÷ 40 °, so that almost all adhesives have significant thermal stability margin. However, if the table contains the maximum heating temperature is less than 90 degrees, then this adhesive is better used for infrared systems "warm floor" where the principle of operation does not imply a high-temperature heating. for water &# 171; underfloor heating&# 187; or for electrical cable thermostable certain margin is needed, because one can not completely exclude the failure of the thermostatic units.
Consider some types shown in Table coolest compositions more:
Everyone knows German quality construction materials, and therefore the brand «Ceresit», presented by the concern «Henkel», won the Russian market the widest popularity.
Packaging «Ceresit CM 14 Extra» tile adhesive,
To lay the flooring on top of underfloor heating, this company produces adhesives with high elasticity, which are suitable for ceramic granite, ceramic and ceramic tiles. These include the brand "SM 14 Extra ', CM 17 and 16, the CM 117, and for limestone and marble slabs will be optimal adhesive composition" Ceresit CM 115 ". However, the most widely used is still a "CM 14 Extra».
These materials have earned popularity due to its high performance, which are invaluable when used for laying tiles on top of the system "warm floor". In addition, one of the main positive side of the material in this company is the fact that they are manufactured from environmentally friendly components. Therefore, adhesives not only harm the environment, but also absolutely safe for human health. Even when heated they do not emit harmful vapors into the air.
At the same time, it is necessary to warn that if the package specified purpose glue only for concrete surfaces, it can not be used for laying tiles on plastic, wood, metal and other basics.
The main parameters of the glue mark "CM 14 Extra»:
- Viability prepared solution of 2 h.
- The room temperature during the work should be from + 5 to +30 degrees.
- Viability applied to the surface of the adhesive layer - about 20 minutes, during which time corrections are possible coating element.
- Grouting is done not earlier than one day after the completion of the masonry.
- Adhesion to the concrete coating is 0.8 MPa.
- The permissible temperature range for the finished tiling: -30 to +70 degrees.
Another type of adhesive «Ceresit», SM-16, contains the video presentation:
Video: elastic adhesive for ceramic tiles «Ceresit CM 16"
«Bergauf» &# 8212; It is a joint German-Russian company, which operates in the domestic market for over ten years.
Tile adhesive «Bergauf Keramik Express»
The company produces quick-drying glue for tiles on floor heating «Keramik Express». After laying the tiles in such a composition, the floor can be walked on after 4 hours, and the final composition is gaining strength after 7 days.
The adhesive is suitable for the installation of ceramic, stoneware tiles and natural stone. The material is intended for use in masonry coatings on non-deformable base, e.g., on a concrete surface. The adhesive may be applied for finishing in dry and in wet rooms, even for lining pools.
«Keramik Express» is made on a cement base with the addition of special additives that impart adhesive property quickly grasp without losing its properties, such as elasticity and strength.
- Glue consumption per 1 m² of the substrate layer in the 3 mm is 2.5 ÷ 3.0 kg. Recommended experts layer thickness - 2 ÷ 6 mm.
- Viability solution kneaded in an open vessel is about 45 minutes.
- The solution may be in an open state after application to the surface is not more than 15 minutes.
- Time adjustment of the tile manufacturer has provided 10 minutes.
- Grout seams may involve 4 hours after placing the fabric.
- Work with this glue may be carried out at a temperature from +5 to +35 degrees.
«Knauf» - a well-known German brand in Russia, probably does not need advertising, as many on his experience convinced of the quality of the products of this company and prefer to buy it up. The more so because it is varied and has a different purpose.
Never lose popularity brand products &# 171; Knauf&# 187;
For laying tiles on a floor heating company manufactures adhesive «Knauf Flex» (Flekskleber) manufactured as a dry mixture based on cement with modifying additives that enhance the elasticity and adhesion of the finished solution. The adhesive is designed for mounting a ceramic coating on a "warm floors" roofed on the concrete, gypsum, gipsovolokonnyh, plasterboard, on the old coating of ceramic or other substrate. The adhesive is well suited for use in areas with possible temperature changes, for example on balconies and terraces closed since endures such exposure. The adhesive composition is not only frost and heat-resistant, but is not subject to degradation by moisture, so it is often used for bathrooms and bathing facilities.
Glue after drying sufficiently elastic, so can withstand not only thermal, but the dynamic loads. It has excellent adhesion to any surfaces, even with those which do not absorb moisture.
Some of the operational characteristics of the «Knauf Flex»:
- The recommended thickness of the adhesive layer - not more than 5 mm.
- Pot life after mixing - about 3 hours.
- Possible adjustments open time after laying - 10 minutes.
- Grout joints should be carried out two days after coating masonry.
- Go to cover only after two days.
- Maximum load of the coating is only possible through a 6 ÷ 7 days after completion.
- Bonding adhesive quality with respect to the concrete is 1.0 MPa or more.
- Consumption of adhesive composition per 1 m² ranges from 2.2 to 2.9 kg.
- The optimum temperature for tiling: +5 to +25 degrees.
- The upper limit of the heat resistance of the adhesive solution is 80 degrees.
- The shelf life of the composition of 12 months from the date of production. This criterion is necessary to pay special attention, because of its quality of completion, according to the manufacturer, may be reduced.
The special features of the work with the use of adhesive «Knauf Flex» is possible to carry a few things that should be followed:
- Mounted system "warm floor" is necessary to warm up, and then turn off for 24 hours before tiling. If tiling is carried out in the cold season, the heated floor should be set at a temperature of about 15 degrees.
- If the adhesive is applied to the floor, laid on the hygroscopic surface, the front deck to them heating mat foundation must always be primed impregnation «Knauf Tiefengrund »
Primers "TIEFENGRUND» and «Grundiermittel» for the pre-treatment under the "warm floor"
If the masonry will be made on a watertight base, such as old tiles, it is recommended to cover it with «Knauf Grundiermittel» - it will improve the mutual adhesion of the base and adhesive.
Waterproofing primer «Knauf Flachendicht»
When laying tiles on heated floors in the rooms, which have a high moisture content, experts «Knauf» is recommended to pre-treat the surface of the waterproofing composition «Knauf Flachendicht».
"Litoflex K80" - this adhesive composition of the Russian manufacturer - the company «Litokol». It also has features that are suitable for mounting on top of him a ceramic tile floor with underfloor heating.
The adhesive composition "Litoflex K80"
There are other recommendations of experts, which should not be neglected:
- Due integral component of modern adhesive mixtures soaked before laying the tiles is required. However, you must carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions, which sets the time during which the tiles should be laid on the adhesive after application to a substrate.
Modern adhesives are selected so that pre-soaking the tile is not required
- Observe seam dimension between the cover elements, which will depend on the parameters of the tile. The width of the gap typically varies from 3 to 7 mm and more tile sizes, the seams must be wider as they are not only decorative element finishes, but necessary for compensating the linear expansion of the material at higher temperatures.
- It is very important, getting the glue to pay attention to the expiration date and the integrity of the packaging. If the material has expired, or the original packaging has even the slightest damage, they should abandon this product.
Never be lazy, check each package of glue - for integrity and batch release date
- It is recommended to carry out the work to create the most favorable conditions for the materials. Thus, the optimal temperature for laying the tiles is + 20 degrees - that it is provided with high adhesion of the coating to the substrate and uniform solidification of the composition.
- Inclusion of a floor heating system it will be possible to carry out only after complete drying of the tile adhesive and set them grade strength. For each brand during this period indicates the manufacturer on the packaging. Recommended output "underfloor" the calculated power to produce stepwise from 15 °, and then add a day to 5 °. This procedure will not allow deformation of the tiling and the formation of high internal stresses in the frozen layer of the adhesive composition.
When choosing a tile adhesive that will be stacked on top of underfloor heating, it is necessary to pay attention to all the parameters mentioned in the publication, as well as the fact for which kind of heating system it is intended. For example, some mixtures of direct contact with the film infrared underfloor heating system is able to destroy, and cause the closures to exit from its system.
The conclusion is simple - the choice of tile adhesive to "warm floor" - a very important process, as may depend on the efficiency and duration of operation of the entire heating system.